Building Future Growth from New & Developing Markets
New & Developing Markets will be some of the fastest growing, highest spending and longest staying markets for tourism over the next decade. Tourism Ireland campaigns in these markets are in full swing:
|Australia & New Zealand|
- Cooperative marketing - over 50,000 visits to discoverireland.com and 20,000 competition entries from promotions with Etihad Airways and Creative Holidays; campaigns planned with other carriers including Virgin Atlantic.
- Garden Gurus - This popular TV show aired on Australia's Channel 9 to 1.5M viewers in April and generated publicity worth over €1.25M for Northern Ireland’s top gardens; campaign included online marketing to the Gurus’ database and features in "Explore" magazine. The Gurus are back next week to film in the North West and West, for airing later in the year. Click here to view
- “Luck of the Irish” online campaign with tour operator Insight Vacations on top sites including Yahoo, Right Media and About Seniors.
- Travel trade - co-hosting fam visits for top-selling travel agents with Etihad and bmi.
- Intensive Trade Training weekend for 60 retail and wholesale agents in September; regional focus.
- "POT OF GOLD" print and online promotion kicking off with ads in the South African Sunday Times Travel and Food section every Sunday in June.
- Business Tourism campaign with Impact Incentives.
- Island of Ireland promotion with Air France.
- New 'Cox & Kings' programme to bring 500 Indian visitors in 2009, the first group visited in May; Joint digital advertising and promotion on TV.
- Advertising – in print, online and mobile platforms and at Mumbai and Delhi Airport international departure lounges.
- Family Fun Book – new brochure for the Indian family market to be launched in Mumbai and Delhi.
- Travel Trade – Indian travel agents visit planned for June; trade press advertising
and trade training programme underway.
- Celtic Legends – innovative taxi, online and print media promotion in Shanghai with this popular music group.
- Advertorials in Shanghai and Beijing media – on nightlife, castles and the Giant's Causeway.
- Travel Trade – Summer School Visa Seminar for trade in Beijing; Chinese travel agents visits planned.
- Visit Ireland Seminar & Trade Mission – 5 industry partners and almost 200 Japanese buyers and media took part in this event at the end of May.
- Online Advertising – Banner advertising and island of Ireland pages on key websites highlight inclusive tour packages.
- Media Visits – Japanese media visits planned for June and July.
- Facebook & Twitter - Innovative social media marketing campaign in the GCC
- Arabian Travel Market – 6 industry partners on Tourism Ireland stand at
region's largest travel show.
- Travel Trade - New online Shamrock Travel Agents training programme in GCC; familiarisation visit for key UAE travel agents in May.
- Media Visits to Ireland – Two media fam trips planned for June.
|Pan-Asian markets |
- The New Destination Britain & Ireland workshop took place in Hong Kong in May and saw 5 industry partners selling direct to over 90 buyers from 16 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
30 industry Country Club members signed up; benefits include participation in key promotions and sales missions in India, China, Japan or the Middle East. Members also meet visiting trade and media while on fam visits here.
|Upcoming Events |
- Flavours of Ireland, 7 October, London - targeting UK inbound tour operators
- NDM Workshop, 15 October, venue tbc - sell direct to key buyers from China, India, Japan, Middle East and South Africa.
For more information on NDM Markets and promotional programmes contact:
David Meany - email@example.com