|Bollywood boost for Tourism from India|
Dublin to star in more than 3,000 cinemas
|Dublin will star in more than 3,000 cinemas across India from tomorrow with the release of the Bollywood romantic thriller Ek Tha Tiger. Shot here last autumn, the film will be released in a further 24 countries, to an audience of over 100 million people. |
Trinity College, Temple Bar, the Ha’penny and Millennium bridges, Grafton Street, the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin Castle and even the Luas will be seen as never before!
The film will boost awareness of the island of Ireland among Indians who have the potential to come here on holidays, including the growing middle and upper classes and the Indian diaspora around the world. TV and film are recognised as strong influences on prospective visitors to the island of Ireland.
Promotions in India to coincide with the film’s release include:
- TV and online advertising showing footage from the new film as well as other shots from across the island.
- Co-operative advertising and social media promotions with Etihad Airways, highlighting ease of access via Abu Dhabi.
- Extensive PR and publicity; the Hindustan Times (circulation: 1.4 million) and the Mail Today (500,000 readers) have already carried island of Ireland coverage.
- Our new Ek Tha Tiger competition recorded 10,000 likes in India yesterday and attracted over 5,000 new fans for our Facebook page.
- Press and radio campaigns in the Middle East, targeting the Indian diaspora living there.
Click here to see to Dublin - Bollywood-style