Extensive First Half Campaign drives Tourism for the Peak
Dear Industry Colleague
Our extensive first half marketing campaign is in full swing across key markets. Tourism Ireland and industry partners are working hard to boost overseas tourism for the coming months and into the peak.
We’re conveying messages of value and compelling reasons to come here. We are capitalising on the unprecedented international publicity we secured overseas around St Patrick’s Day and the recent opening of Titanic Belfast.
Our advertising this year will reach 200 million potential holidaymakers on television, radio, in newspapers and publications, online, outdoors and in cinemas. Sales missions and promotions across all markets are helping partners to sell direct to travel trade and consumers overseas. ‘Home of Champions’ golf and business tourism campaigns are capturing the moment and playing to our product strengths. We are promoting actively with air and sea carriers, driving demand for new and existing services and can report some welcome additions for regional airports.
The global economic landscape continues to present challenges for us all. While growth in the first quarter remained slow, overall sentiment and anecdotal feedback from tour operators and the travel trade in key markets, and from industry contacts here at home, is cautiously optimistic for 2012.
Some highlights of the campaign are below.
- Over 20 million potential holidaymakers in Great Britain are seeing ‘Jump into Ireland’ TV ads this year
- 14 million people in Britain will also see our advertising on prominent outdoor sites
- A further 6 million people will see our ads in British cinemas
- Roadshows and sales blitzes with industry partners are bringing the island of Ireland value message to British trade and consumers
- 300 million North Americans will see advertising for the island of Ireland this year
- 20 million US readers of The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Bon Appetit and AFAR magazines are seeing features and ads for the island of Ireland
- Almost 29 million potential visitors in Germany and France will see our TV ads
- Over 5 million Europeans will see co-operative advertising with carriers
- Over 1 million Europeans have encountered the island of Ireland at top travel fairs in key markets
- Over 1.2 million Europeans a month are receiving attractive partner offers
- Online advertising is reminding holidaymakers across the markets about the great value fares and holiday offers available
- Golf, emarketing and social media campaigns are rolling out across the world
- Publicity worth up to €200 million will be generated across markets this year
- Millions of members of the Diaspora and the Ulster Scots are being targeted with messages of ni2012, ‘The Gathering Ireland 2013’ and more.
Click here to see more highlights of the spring campaign