Pushing the Value Message
Great value offers, terrific fares and a wonderful holiday experience mean there’s never been a better time to visit – that’s the message Tourism Ireland is pushing out in key markets Great Britain, North America and Europe right now. Promotions will continue right through the summer and into the autumn keeping our value and welcome to the fore. Here’s a sample of just some of the ways the message has been promoted...
- Over 20M potential British visitors will have received great value holiday offers
information from Tourism Ireland by the middle of August, highlighting that there’s never been a better time to visit.
- Over the next couple of weeks, free copies of our successful DVD, "GO" will be available to readers of top national newspapers as part of a 16-page supplement on the island of Ireland. The DVDs, which have already attracted almost 500,000 viewers online, show a series of 10 mini-movies presented by local characters who introduce their favourite
parts of the island.
- In the United States, over 20M potential visitors have seen holidays and offers information on key travel sites Kayak, Hotwire, Sherman’s Travel, Luxury Link and Budgetravel.com.
- Also in the US, over 9M Travelzoo customers received industry partner and airline offers to coincide with Ireland’s designation as ‘destination of the week’ on the site.
- The US 'Ireland. More for Less' campaign currently includes a major advertising and publicity drive targeting up to 6.5M people in prime target gateways.
- In Germany, a series of supplements on the Regions of Ireland and Northern Ireland have brought industry offers to the attention of 7M consumers in leading women’s and lifestyle magazines.
- A late bookers campaign online also attracted 7M page impressions, and reached a further 4M consumers in Frankfurt and Munich through outdoor advertising.
- Also in Germany, a national press campaign with tactical offers reached 1.8M.
- Across Southern Europe, in France, Spain and Italy, almost 8M potential visitors received holiday and offers information, while publicity and promotions campaigns are also in full swing to capitalise on opportunities including U2 and the visit of Real Madrid.
Our thanks to all of you in the Industry for your support in these promotions and to help you plan ahead, here are details of some upcoming events:
- 28th September - Destination Expo – US Workshop at The Ritz-Carlton, Powerscourt
- 7th October - Flavours of Ireland, London
- 15th October - NDM Workshop, Westin Hotel, Dublin
For more details please contact Lorna Lee in Fáilte Ireland Lorna.Lee@failteireland.ie and Dawn Hewitt in the NITB firstname.lastname@example.org